Wednesday 9 October 2013

Travelling - The No.3 In my Life

If I were to give you 5 seconds to think of the 3 things you love most in this world, what would be the top 3 that comes to mind? For me, they are My family, Financial Freedom and Travel. I wonder whether it would be appropriate to blog about my travels and my love of traveling here. But come to think about it, one of the reason for having an early retirement would be to have more time to travel so I'm just going to go ahead and do it.

So starting from now, whenever I travel, I would post a little of the joys that it gives me. And hopefully share and show a little more of this wonderful world to you.

Just last month, the wife and I went on our yearly pilgrimage to Western Australia(WA). We studied there during our university days and have been going there yearly ever since. Contrary to popular/unpopular beliefs that WA is a very boring place, I find it to be very peaceful, fun, beautiful and relaxing. On this trip, we decided to explore a little more of WA.

Albany
Little Beach - Albany - Western Australia















On previous trips, we would drive mid-way down south to Margaret River, the famous wine region in Australia. However, this time, we decided to be a little more adventurous and take the 5 hour drive to Albany. As it was our 1st time exploring Albany, we did not know what to expect but boy were we surprised.

Pristine beaches with clear blue water and almost pure white sand lace the entire coastline of Albany. If you love marvelous scenic views of mother nature, you would drool at what Albany has to offer. Due to its close proximity to the sea, you can expect to find loads of seafood. The 1st meal we had there was at this rustic place called the Old Marron Farm. We ordered the platter which consisted of marrons, prawn, trout, anchovies and a side of salad. Needless to say, it was absolutely delicious and extremely fresh. - Come to think of it, I think my number 1 love might be food.....wife.....food....wife.....=X

Marron Platter at Old Marron Farm Albany


Next destination we decided to explore was the wind farm, there is something about windmills that are so....tranquil and zen. Might be the constant wooshing sounds of the blades that creates a sense of lull. Anyway, whilst I was driving there, I was seriously expecting maybe 2 or 3 windmill. What was I thinking..What kind of wind farm consists of only 3. There were DOZENS stretched almost further that the eye can see along the coast. What a sight. I swear that we could have sat there for hours if not for the constraints of time. There were several viewpoints by which you can view the wind farm. All within walking distance.

Albany Wind farm


Albany Wind Farm






Australian Aboriginal Belief




















In case you cannot see the picture directly above properly, it's a picture of an Australian Aboriginal Belief that I find to be extremely true. It says that "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love... and then we return home." I feel that this saying really resonates in my heart. It somewhat parallels with my beliefs. Whatever material things we possess or want to possess cannot be taken with us when we go. What we should aim for is experience instead. Experience love, new adventures, new feelings, new countries. Experience and memories will be forever with us.

We did not have sufficient time in Albany to see everything  so we had to see the best of what we could see. Upon asking, we were told that there was a beach nearby that was called "Little Beach" and it was supposed to be one of the top 10 beaches in Western Australia. We were definitely not disappointed. The beach was nothing short of breathtaking. The color of the sea was, I kid you not, sapphire blue. with white frothing waves crashing onto beautiful pearly white fine sand. Not able to resist the urge, I kicked off my shoes, rolled up my jeans and rushed towards the water. Cool clean water embraced my feet while crisp salty ocean air filled my lungs. Pure joy I tell you. If these did not bring you any pleasure, I do not know what would. Anyway, to the left of the beach were giant rock formations which you could climb to get a different view of the beach. We climbed to the top, poured myself a glass of wine ( Yes, no surprise there. I do love my wine.) and laid there in the sun while the winds and the sounds of the oceans caressed us to utter bliss.

The pictures do no justice.
Rock Formation at Little Beach Albany

Rock Formation at Little Beach Albany

Rock Formation at Little Beach Albany














Albany - Little Beach




Anyway, this short post concludes the Albany leg of my Western Australian trip. Hope you will be able to visit this wonderful place too.

To love, Experience and Travel.
P.

No comments:

Post a Comment