Tuesday 23 April 2013

About me and my goals

Where do i start? So many things to say but so little time.. I guess it's the same with life. So many things to do and goals to achieve but with such a limited time to do them. What if i could give myself more time to do the things i want to do? No, not by extending my life, ( although that would be nice in the distant future) but by retiring earlier than what most Singaporeans would call the norm. In order to do this, sacrifices will have to be made and rules will have to be strictly adhered to.

Through this blog, i will try to record my thoughts and methods i will use to achieve this early retirement. I am currently in my late twenties working in the engineering sector and I plan to retire no later than the age of 45. I am currently married and am waiting for my home. (Mortgage payments are a killer to my early retirement planning). As for kids, i am definitely planning for at least 1, hoping for 2. I am pretty sure that if i plan my finances well enough, my wife and I, together with our future kids would be able to live pretty comfortably when we retire.

I hope that through this blog, more Singaporeans would be encouraged to save more, spend less and invest more in order to be able to spend more time with their loved ones instead of sitting alone in a cubicle wherever they are in Singapore.

I'm kind of running out of time and would have to sign off here. Loads of work to do and daylight is running out. I'll be trying to post as often as i can with a minimum of 1 post a week. Till then, see you and live well.

4 comments:

  1. Hey,

    Welcome to the small community of financial bloggers! We're a close knit family because we're united by the inability to earn big ad revenues and no matter how popularity our posts are, it'll never beat those real celebrity bloggers :)

    Haha, I'm just 90% kidding :) Welcome, hope to hear more of your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi La Papillion, first comments on my blog, gotta inscribe your name on my lists on firsts..lol. Anyway, thanks for welcoming me to this community, have been reading your blog for about 2 years i think. Hope to learn more from you and the rest of the seniors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey RSG,

    We've quite a number of things in common..let me rattle them down: engineering, wife who loves to spend, saver, blogger... lol!

    I used to think like you, spending less and save more...but i think with age, you realise that it's not that impt anymore. Ask Panzer from my cbox if you need to know his view pt, he is a few years older than me. Anyway, it's your journey of discovery of what works and what doesn't that's impt :)

    Again, I extend a warm welcome to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. la papillion,

    I fully agree with you that as we grow, we have to realize what is truly important in our lives. For me, family will always come before anything. About the spending less and saving more part, i guess i have to do it in moderation as my wife has not or refuses to see the "light" yet.

    And again, I thank you for your warm welcome, lol.

    ReplyDelete