Wednesday 24 April 2013

Life & Money - Change is the only constant

Everyone should have a plan in life. It's like a lantern that will guide your path and lead you to the destination you have chosen.

Having said that, i also have to say that a plan should not be extremely concrete as throughout the many stages in life, circumstances will change. When this happens, you should be flexible enough to alter your plan and do what is necessary to still arrive at your selected destination. You might have to take a longer time, save more money or take on more risk in order to do so.

What i have said leads to what this post is really about. It's about finding that investment method or strategy that you are comfortable with which will finally lead you to financial freedom or even better yet, an early retirement.

Throughout my short investment journey, I have tried and tested quite a number of investment strategies such as trading constantly, permanent portfolio, lazy portfolio and a few others. I have to admit that part of the reason to this is because i have been heavily influenced by the books and blogs that i have read. I do not know how others view this constant change but i feel that it is a good way for me to pluck a little knowledge from each source and eventually form an investment strategy of my own to carry me to my destination.

There are still many years ahead and I am sure that there will still be many crossroads and forks in my path to an early retirement. Changes that i can control like having a kid, owning a home and increasing my insurance coverage or changes that i have totally no control of like interest rate fluctuations, the economy and natural disasters.

No matter the change, we as humans have to adapt, survive and get out of any good or bad changes stronger.

What investment strategies have you tried so far and how have you tweaked them to achieve your goals and reach your destination? Feel free to share them here.

As always, save more, spend less and invest wisely.
P.

No comments:

Post a Comment